Sunday, February 27, 2011

Indian Spiced Poached Salmon in Coconut Milk with Baby Bok Choy

The other night, I was all set to serve an eggplant parmesan I'd made for dinner, when my husband came home complaining of a stomach ache. Fortunately, I had some fresh salmon in the fridge, so I put the eggplant parm away for later and whipped up this much lighter dish with just a few ingredients in less than 10 minutes!


Indian Spiced Poached Salmon in Coconut Milk with Baby Bok Choy

1 lb salmon (I used wild Jail Island salmon)
1 can light coconut milk
2 heads baby bok choy, roughly chopped
1/2 - 1 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp. garam masala
1/4 tsp. mild Indian curry powder
Fresh ground pepper to taste

In a deep-sided saute pan, heat coconut milk over medium-high heat and add bok choy. Season both sides of the fish with the salt, pepper, and some of the garam masala and place it in the pan. Sprinkle the remaining garam masala into the coconut milk along with the curry powder. Put a lid on the pan and poach the fish over medium-high heat for about 7-8 minutes or cooked through to your desired doneness.


I served the fish over jasmine rice, pouring the excess coconut milk and spice mixture on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment